Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Have the Best Baby!


A side note--At 67 degrees, humid, and a little overcast, it feels like a summer morning. Maybe not summer... late spring? May-ish? Anyway... this morning, when I woke up, it felt like summer. Automatically, I associated the weather and the smells and the sound of the lawnmower with feeling icky. My stomach started to turn and I remember this smell that I can't quite point out. I really, really hope I don't always associated summer mornings with the first trimester icky stomach feeling! I love summer mornings!

On another note, last night I decided to try out a bedtime for George. Just a loose bedtime (I never want to be one of those parents whose kids are thrown off for a week by getting to bed 1/2 hour late one night). So after his 8:30 feeding, I changed his diaper, swaddled him, and laid him in his pack and play. I gave him a kiss and left the room. He fussed for about 5 minutes before he fell asleep. I went to bed around midnight, thinking I was going to have to wake up to feed him soon. BUT, George slept until 2am! That's 5 1/2 hours!! Then he ate and went straight back to bed until 5:30! That's another 3 1/2 hours! Then he didn't wake up again until 8:30! This bedtime thing is going to be awesome!

One of my friends asked me if George sleeps at night. I thought this was a weird question and said, "I still have to feed him 2-3 times at night." And she said, "Does he sleep in between feedings?" and I said "Of course! As soon as he's done eating, he falls back asleep and sleeps until it's time to eat again!" I guess all babies don't do this? I have the best baby!!

2 comments:

Trina said...

That's so funny! When the weather got humid again and I walked outside I immediately felt nauseous! Then I remembered I wasn't pregnant anymore. . . I still can't look at Jason's Deli without thinking how nauseous I would be to eat there again. . . the psychological trauma of the first trimester. . . George is a good baby! I hope he keeps up those sleeping habits for you!

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

yay! that is awesome! I can't wait until we get a full 8 hours of sleep in a row :)