Today, I got an email from whattoexpect.com that really made me think about how blessed we are. It was titled "5 Things You Didn't Know About Breast Milk."
- It changes based on your baby's needs
- You can donate it to save lives
- It may make your baby smarter
- It helps make diapers less stinky
- It can help develop his taste buds
I knew most of these things already, but this email made me so grateful for the opportunity that I have to breastfeed George. My favorite fact is that it changes based on the baby's needs. I've watched enough of "A Baby Story" to know that it doesn't come easily or naturally for everyone. I am one of the lucky ones whose milk came in almost immediately and whose baby was a pro at latching. I know that this is no coincidence. I know that my premature baby needed the nutrients that only my milk could give him and that he continues to need the ever-changing nutrients. Sometimes nursing seems so inconvenient (especially when I have to find a 'hidden spot' when I'm out in public.. or when we have to cut running errands short), but I am so grateful that I am able to provide for my baby in this way. I think it is evidence of divine creation of the body by a loving Heavenly Father, and I'm so grateful for the ways that it has helped my baby grow!
No comments:
Post a Comment