Tuesday, October 28, 2008

As In... Today? This Week? This Year?

I ran to the grocery store for some cold medicine just now. It's official... this little cold has cost me $40 so far. Wait, that's not entirely true. On the last trip, I bought nail polish, too. Well, I guess that counts if we consider actual and proximate causation. Actual: "but for" my cold, I would not have been at the grocery store tonight. Proximate: it is reasonably foreseeable that I would purchased more at the grocery store than I went in for. Voila, my cold is both the actual and proximate cause of the $40 I've spent. See, I am learning stuff at school!

Anyway, I knew my parking spot was too good to be true. I looked up and saw the above sign. I briefly considered moving my car... but then I didn't.

What kind of a time-frame are we talking about here? I expect to be a mother someday... does that count?

PS--Happy Opening Night of the NBA Season!

2 comments:

Mrs Ana said...

In my book I think that counts. You are so funny. I hope you don't mind me reading your blogs. I enjoy them so much!

Alycia said...

Good for you. Even when I was pregnant I felt bad parking there because I never got super big and awkward like some women... now I know I should have taken advantage of it.