Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cook Time May Vary

Don't worry. You're right. This is my millionth post about food in the last few weeks. I feel sort of like a fat kid, but this is one of those moments that is just too funny to not share. Last week I picked up a new Lean Cuisine at the grocery store. Saturday, I decided it was time to give it a try. I took it out of the box as usual and looked at the instructions:

Peel back plastic on one side to vent. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.

Easy enough. I put it in the microwave and did some other things until I heard the "It's done!" beeps. Time for step 2.
Pull back plastic. Stir. Recover food.
Check.
Microwave on high for 2-4 1/2 minutes. (Cook time may vary by microwave).

Yes, cook time does vary by microwave. But really? It's going to vary 2 1/2 minutes-worth??

Your pasta will be ready sometime between immediately and the middle of next week.

Who writes these instructions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am delighted you also enjoy Lean Cuisines (I enjoy 3 at a time). If you're using a Water's Edge microwave, DEFINITELY cook it for 4 1/2 minutes. And avoid using a HOT PLATE (hahahaha) to cook your Lean Cuisine. My favorite is Chicken Carbonara or Butternut Squash Ravioli.