Is anyone else fed up with the fact that this election is a race issue?
I probably shouldn't say that because that's "racist."
Honestly, I don't care what color you are, Obama. You could be orange. You are not qualified. Period.
10 comments:
Anonymous
said...
merely stating that you, as a person with both white and class priviledege, do not see color would give many people reason to believe that you do indeed have problems with people of color. white people are inherently racist. white people cannot be "not racist." they can only be anti-racism. the stains that chattel slavery has left on out country are still visable today. if you hear people's issues with obama, they usually discuss his color, and stupidly call him a terrorist because they affiliate his name with arab names.
this post is really disgusting. your words are a clear example of the hate and bigotry that are so prevolant in our country these days. you chide you navagation system for taking you to "bad" neighborhoods. it seems that you have some deep rooted issues relating to race and class that you should look into. i know that this is your blog to post whatever you wish on, and i am aware that i don't have to read your blog if i don't want to read the classism and racism that you spread. but i feel like maybe you aren't aware that the words you say are classist and racist. and it would really suck to walk around saying really fucked up things if you don't understand that when talk of your fear of "bad" neighborhoods that you are being incredibly racist and classist. and maybe you don't think that racism and classism don't still plague this counrty. you made that pretty clear in this post where you essencially joke about racism. but racism isn't gone, and it certainly isn't funny.
white people are inherently racist because our society has racism built into it. from birth, white children are shown- through media, history, and other such socialization- that they are the people of power. they walk through everyday of their life knowing that they will never be racially profiled or attributed certain taits simply because of the color of thier skin. no matter how much a white person educates themselves, they cannot undo what society has already done to them. therefore, they are inherently racist.
I am white and I am not racist. Mr. #1 anonymous: you are stereotyping a whole race or "color" of people. You are the last person that should be pointing fingers about who is racist and who isn't. Just because you are "of color" (unless you are white and calling yourself a racist), you just proved that you, too, like ALL white people are inherently, are a racist.
first of all, "mr. #1 anonymous" is not a mr. at all. second of all, this "mr." is indeed white. and i accept my white privilege. i would never call myself not a racist. i am most definitely anti-racism. but i'm white, and as i have explained, have been socially indoctrinated to have racist inclinations. also, just a little fyi, a person of color cannot be racist in relation to a white person. that would be called prejudice. the white people are the oppressors. we will never be judged solely on the color of our skin. we have never been enslaved simply because people decided that the color of our skin made us inferior.
look-there are whole books and classes dedicated to this stuff. i didn't just pull this out of my ass. stop trying to prove me wrong, and instead do a little soul searching on why me calling out blatant classism(which you have not even addressed) and racism makes you so uncomfortable. i would think that a decent person would try to figure out why the things stated on this blog are offensive and try to have a bit of a shift of consciousness. simply stating that you aren't a racist doesn't make you so. racism is more subtle in everyday life then what we are taught as children to believe racism. seriously. do a little reading. you'll figure some shit out.
Ms. #1 Anonymous-- Google Analytics told me that you hail from Pittsburgh. In that case, I think I know who you are. I hope that I don't, but I'm pretty sure that I do and it's really sucky of you to hide behind "anonymous."
True or False?: There are neighborhoods in the world where it is not safe to be alone at night as a woman. True statement. Not racist.
I think everyone else in the world understands that this post was a little tongue-in-cheek. I simply stated that I do not believe that being Anti-Obama makes me racist and you played right into the Liberal's only defense. Instead of giving me reasons that you support Obama, you attack me as a person. Lame. You cannot shame me onto your side. I am neither racist nor classist and you know that.
Please don't take my words and try to twist them until you can use the talking points that you learned in a crazy liberal class. Your comments are mean-spirited and have very little to do with what my actual posts have said. I know you read my blog daily. You wouldn't do that if you thought I was that terrible of a person.
10 comments:
merely stating that you, as a person with both white and class priviledege, do not see color would give many people reason to believe that you do indeed have problems with people of color. white people are inherently racist. white people cannot be "not racist." they can only be anti-racism. the stains that chattel slavery has left on out country are still visable today. if you hear people's issues with obama, they usually discuss his color, and stupidly call him a terrorist because they affiliate his name with arab names.
this post is really disgusting. your words are a clear example of the hate and bigotry that are so prevolant in our country these days. you chide you navagation system for taking you to "bad" neighborhoods. it seems that you have some deep rooted issues relating to race and class that you should look into. i know that this is your blog to post whatever you wish on, and i am aware that i don't have to read your blog if i don't want to read the classism and racism that you spread. but i feel like maybe you aren't aware that the words you say are classist and racist. and it would really suck to walk around saying really fucked up things if you don't understand that when talk of your fear of "bad" neighborhoods that you are being incredibly racist and classist. and maybe you don't think that racism and classism don't still plague this counrty. you made that pretty clear in this post where you essencially joke about racism. but racism isn't gone, and it certainly isn't funny.
"white people are inherently racist?"
that's the most racist comment i've heard in a while.
white people are inherently racist because our society has racism built into it. from birth, white children are shown- through media, history, and other such socialization- that they are the people of power. they walk through everyday of their life knowing that they will never be racially profiled or attributed certain taits simply because of the color of thier skin. no matter how much a white person educates themselves, they cannot undo what society has already done to them. therefore, they are inherently racist.
I am white and I am not racist. Mr. #1 anonymous: you are stereotyping a whole race or "color" of people. You are the last person that should be pointing fingers about who is racist and who isn't. Just because you are "of color" (unless you are white and calling yourself a racist), you just proved that you, too, like ALL white people are inherently, are a racist.
first of all, "mr. #1 anonymous" is not a mr. at all. second of all, this "mr." is indeed white. and i accept my white privilege. i would never call myself not a racist. i am most definitely anti-racism. but i'm white, and as i have explained, have been socially indoctrinated to have racist inclinations. also, just a little fyi, a person of color cannot be racist in relation to a white person. that would be called prejudice. the white people are the oppressors. we will never be judged solely on the color of our skin. we have never been enslaved simply because people decided that the color of our skin made us inferior.
look-there are whole books and classes dedicated to this stuff. i didn't just pull this out of my ass. stop trying to prove me wrong, and instead do a little soul searching on why me calling out blatant classism(which you have not even addressed) and racism makes you so uncomfortable. i would think that a decent person would try to figure out why the things stated on this blog are offensive and try to have a bit of a shift of consciousness. simply stating that you aren't a racist doesn't make you so. racism is more subtle in everyday life then what we are taught as children to believe racism. seriously. do a little reading. you'll figure some shit out.
Ms. #1 Anonymous--
Google Analytics told me that you hail from Pittsburgh. In that case, I think I know who you are. I hope that I don't, but I'm pretty sure that I do and it's really sucky of you to hide behind "anonymous."
True or False?: There are neighborhoods in the world where it is not safe to be alone at night as a woman. True statement. Not racist.
I think everyone else in the world understands that this post was a little tongue-in-cheek. I simply stated that I do not believe that being Anti-Obama makes me racist and you played right into the Liberal's only defense. Instead of giving me reasons that you support Obama, you attack me as a person. Lame. You cannot shame me onto your side. I am neither racist nor classist and you know that.
Please don't take my words and try to twist them until you can use the talking points that you learned in a crazy liberal class. Your comments are mean-spirited and have very little to do with what my actual posts have said. I know you read my blog daily. You wouldn't do that if you thought I was that terrible of a person.
This is Brad...I'm from Pittsburgh, and NOT the anonymous person...I wouldn't dare to write an entire response without capital letters.
And I don't agree with him/her either.
Thanks, Brad! Haha
Ooh! Stuff White People Like! All of this!!!
#20--Being an expert on YOUR culture!
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/01/23/20-being-an-expert-on-your-culture/
#101--Being Offended!
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/05/28/101-being-offended/
I am pretty sure that they used to have one on "White Guilt," but I can't find it. Perhaps "White Guilt" caused them to take it down?
Post a Comment