Wednesday, September 17, 2008

He's No Raj

Let me tell you something I've learned the hard way over the past few days:







I was very excited to see that there was a 7 Eleven across from the entrance of my new apartment complex! Since that initial excitement, I have only been let down. Let me just list the ways:

My new 7 Eleven:
  • Does not accept debit cards for totals under $2.
  • Will not give cash back.
  • Makes you ASK for ice.
  • Does not refrigerate its fountain sodas (they come out of the fountain at room temp. Eew).
  • Does not properly measure the ratio of Diet Coke to Carbonation.
  • Charges $1.50 for a Big Gulp.
  • Is not friendly.
The last time I lived across from a "Sev," I was apparently spoiled.

And the worst part? They have a corner on the market. There is seriously nowhere else for me to safely get a DC on my way to school. Even then, I'm not 100% on the safety issue there. I guess this means I'm going to have to start planning ahead and buying DC from the grocery store. There's just something different about the taste of a cold DC out of a fountain.

3 comments:

Holly said...

oh kathleen...i am sorry! this really is a rough one. there is also nowhere for me to get a good dc on the way to work anymore (not that raj is that far from my office but still).

if it makes you feel any better, the other day i went in and all the parking spaces were full (used up by the sh!ttiest parkers i've ever seen, then i went in and the dc didn't even work. and the line was huge. i marched out of there, unsure where to turn.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha you two are such nerds. That is a sticky situation. You might have to risk getting shot up on the block somewhere else to get an icy DC. But please, be safe. Take your mace...maybe even buy yourself a gun. IDK.

Leah said...

Yes! The 7-11 on 5th N and University Ave. is now the one I go to since I live right in that neighborhood. I LOVE Raj! I was just there today!