Monday, September 22, 2008

Taco Bell: Not a Medical Facility.


While working on my Torts homework that I should have done this weekend but did not do because "life happened," I came across the funniest defense of a law suit ever.

Let me set the scene: Homeboy walks into a Taco Bell. He is a little nauseous so decides to just get a soda. He orders the soda and then faints and falls backwards. He hits the back of his head and starts to convulse. After he's done, he stands up and then loses his balance and falls forward. He loses 4 teeth and breaks part of his neck.

The question here is whether Taco Bell has a duty to assist the customer even though the injury is by no fault of Taco Bell. Taco Bell's team of legal experts came up with the following argument:

"Taco Bell sells tacos.
It is not, and has never claimed to be, a medical treatment facility."


Sitting in the library, Megan and I laughed until we were crying.


Also, today is Erin's 19th BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! Make sure you say hi if you see her today! Happy birthday, Dubada! I love you!!

No comments: