Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Uh, Thanks?

Those of you who know me well know that compliments make me feel uncomfortable. Well, I decided that it's time for another interactive post! Remember the rules... if you read this, you must leave a comment, even if you wish to do it anonymously. Today's topic:

The weirdest compliment I've ever received was __________________!


Ok, trying to narrow it down was really difficult for me. I have received my fair share of weird compliments! I had 2 that were very close. This one won because I'm pretty sure the person who said it doesn't read my blog... while I wasn't sure about the other. The weirdest compliment I've ever received was that I have "cute ankles." I'm not really sure that ankles can be cute... and it was a strange thing to say, but I just said "thanks!" because the complimenter was attractive! Alright, I want to hear all about yours!!

4 comments:

Holly said...

The weirdest compliment I've ever received was from my uncle last summer, who may or may not have meant well:

"Holly, I can't believe how big you're getting!"

FYI, men out there: There is never an appropriate time to say that to a woman after her 7th birthday.

Unknown said...

I had spent the evening talking to a guy that my roommate and best friend had been dating. In the middle of our conversation he mentions, "You have a nice tongue". I stop and say, "excuse me?" And he replies with a "I like your tongue and the way it moves when you talk".

Needless to say, that ended our chat that night and prevented any others from occuring.

Janessa said...

Weirdest compliment, hmm, I can think of a few, but this one wins for most awkward (from an ex-boyfriend's best friend, who happened to be black):

"It's a nice little rotunda."

(My ghetto booty is apparently round enough to be compared to the Capitol building)

Monica Kay said...

How about the fact that i was considered date worthy enough to be taken on a nice date to J-Dawgs...only to take it back later because "i ain't try'n to date you."

sigh...he melted my heart...