Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Not Only No...

Last summer in the Capitol, I saw a man with giant ears wearing sunglasses. The first thought that went through my head was, "why is that douchebag wearing sunglasses? Not only is there no sun in the building, but they keep it intentionally dark in this hallway to preserve the painting." About a half of a second later, I realized it was Barack Obama.

The same Barack Obama who is speaking in my hometown today. He needs a conference room for about an hour. Normally if approached with such an event, one would jump at the ability to meet and help a presidential candidate. When asked to use the conference room in his office building, my step-father said no... thus making him my hero.

2 comments:

hollylynn said...

ok ok. but have you seen the motivational poster on mindi's blog that says:

barack obama: president of awesome

and he's shooting out of that plane? it will make you like him a little i think.

Worktron said...

Why didn't you throw a shoe or a relatively sharp object at him? There was this one time that I was touring the Capitol building in D.C. and the Senate was meeting. I saw both John McCain and Hillary Clinton. I really wish I would've yelled some naughty language at them, but they promised me that I would be arrested. "Hi Dad. No Everything is fine but...well I'm kind of in jail right now for calling Hillary Clinton a *&%$ and I need you to pay bail..."