Tuesday, January 8, 2013

This Time I Got This...

Remember last year's resolutions?  Well, I failed.  Miserably.  So, I guess I can try again this year?  Because I have all of the same resolutions.

I really need to eat better.  We all do, but I especially do because I am the worst at it.  I thought I ate like crap after George was born, but now Ruthie is really getting the bad end of this bargain.  I need to eat better so that she gets what she needs.  As far as George goes, he might be a lost cause but I am still trying to get him to eat things other than crackers/yogurt/applesauce/chicken nuggets/other assorted "kid foods."

Also, I am really going to try to exercise.  Like the qualifier in that sentence?  I really liked Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.  I lots 4 lbs the first week that I did it and I felt great.  Then I got sick... and after that I got tired and lazy.  So, I am going to put forth an honest effort to hang out with Jillian at least 3 times a week.  And I'm not going to put off those 3 days until the end of the week because that doesn't work.

I bought a book.  Two, actually.  I have good intentions, but this will probably be as far as I get on the whole "reading" thing.  As Sweet Brown says, "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

I am trying really hard to study the scriptures and conference talks.  There is definitely room for improvement from last year.  Also, I am going to actively participate in Sunday School and Relief Society.  Now that I don't have a child to chase around (for the time being), there is no excuse for me to not pay attention.  I get really restless back in grown-up classes after being in Primary for a few months, so this will be a big task for me!

And now, I have a kitchen full of dirty dishes to clean.  I have been trying to keep things cleaner now that I am not pregnant/getting some sleep/disgusted by my surroundings.  I have been doing a decent job.  Last night I folded a load of laundry on the SAME day that I washed it.  That is huge.  Like I should get an award.

And now, just because my kids are cute:





1 comment:

Trina said...

I love the resolutions!!! I agree - you should get an award!! Dan has asked a few times, "Why do you have to wash the clothes all in one day? Why don't you spread it out over the week? Then they wouldn't all be so piled up." Well, I had to remind him that at least they got cleaned that way and besides, that time two of the loads needing to be folded were from a different day... haha!