Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

This is what my new year's resolution should be:

But this is what they actually are:
  1. Eat better (and start cooking better).  I have a little person to feed... and I need to figure out meals that we can all eat as a family.  I'll be chronicling those misadventures here. Also, I would like to not feel like crap... which brings me to:
  2. Exercise 3 times a week.  This is a big improvement from the 0 times a week I currently exercise.
  3. Watch less tv.  Seriously--you would be appalled at the amount of tv I watch.  Also, I don't want tv to be replaced with more internet time--so I should add "spend less time on the internet" to this one.
  4. Read 12 books this year.  I haven't finished a book in almost a year.  Actually, I don't think I truthfully finished that one, either.
  5. Read and study the Book of Mormon this year.
  6. Re-read all of the General Conference addresses for the year. 
  7. Keep my home cleaner.  This includes, but is not limited to: getting/staying organized, doing dishes in a timely manner, picking up George's toys nightly, folding and putting away laundry in a reasonable amount of time, and possibly making my bed daily--I've always wanted to be a bed-maker, so we'll see.
Whew.  I get tired even looking at that list.  These are some lofty goals!  How am I doing so far?? Well.... I've exercised 0 times, read about 5 pages in my first book, I've eaten a little bit better (but not much), my home is a little cleaner (but not much), and I still watch a lot of tv.  But these are goals for the year, people--so I figure I can ease myself into this.  

Ok--now I have to run because (ironically)  Teen Mom 2 is about to start.  What are your resolutions??

1 comment:

Lisa & Joel said...

GREAT goals! I've been way better about reading, too, and I'll suggest The Help & Hunger games. I haven't finished the hunger games series though, but I'm about 1/2 way through the second of 3 books and I am LOVING it!

I've also been "working" on working out! :) Try Jillian Michael's "30 Day Shred". She kicks your booty in a timely manner. Love/Hate that woman.

Good luck! Keep it up!