Thursday, January 5, 2012

Little Miracles

I think today might be the day that goes down in history as being the day where my prayers were answered faster than any prayers have ever been answered... ever.  But let's back up.

Steve left his lunch on the counter, so I decided to take it to him.  On the way back, I decided that we would go to story time at the library.  We get there to find out that story time is on hiatus until next week. Instead, we picked out 3 books to check out.  We headed to the car.  I was so ticked off that they took 15 perfectly good parking spots in the shade (very important in the summer... especially with my black car) and turned them into 6 more handicapped spots!  In my fury, I texted a friend and drove home.

I got home and put G in his crib for his nap.  Then I remembered... I put the library books on top of the car.  This is not the first problem I've had with that this year.  This is not the second problem I've had with that this year.  WHY DO I KEEP PUTTING THINGS ON TOP OF THE CAR?????  I figured they were gone and went about cleaning up.  It wasn't going to be cheap, but it wasn't the end of the world.  A few minutes later, G was crying in his crib.  I got the feeling that I should go back to the library.

So I got in the car and drove to the library.  I said a prayer on my way there.  I was scanning the other side of the road almost my entire drive.  I was really praying that they weren't on the interstate!  As I turned into the library, something yellow caught my eye.... one of the books!! I did a quick scan and didn't see any more.  I ran out into the middle of the road and grabbed it.  I went in to the library to make sure no one turned in my other 2 books (and checked to see how much it would cost if they were gone).  We went back outside and walked the way that I drove to the street.  Nothing.  We got to the street and... there's a second book!  I ran and grabbed it!  A few feet away.... the third book!  Two of them are in the same condition as when I checked them out and one has a little crack in the cover. (Side note:  I kept George safely on the sidewalk.)

Lucky?  No, it wasn't luck--my prayers were answered!  I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers.  Even when it's something as insignificant as a few little library books!  This is a long post about a seemingly silly subject, but it is just a reminder that Heavenly Father is looking out for us!

No comments: