While avoiding the sink full of dishes, I spent some time on Pinterest last night. I found some of those "questions to ask your spouse" blogs. I would probably never just sit down and try to force a conversation like that... I like to think that we don't need much to get a conversation going. Anyway, they might be fun someday if we ever run out of things to talk about, so I re-pinned it.
Then I found one blog where a girl was going to devote 30 days to answering 30 different questions. Day 4 was, "list 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self." This got me thinking.
So I did the dishes and I thought about the question. And I have 9 answers (I couldn't think of a 10th. They are in no particular order):
1. You are never going to be tan. Ever. Put on the stupid sunscreen and save yourself all of the pain.
2. Be yourself. It's easier and it tends to work the best for you.
3. If being someone's friend is exhausting, it's not worth it. Seriously. It took me way too long to learn this one.
4. Pay attention in church and seminary. Develop better habits. Foster a better relationship with Heavenly Father.
5. You won't marry Justin Timberlake. You will marry someone a million times better!
6. Pick a better major in college. Tell me--what does one do with a degree in Political Science? Exactly.
7. Learn better study habits. Barely glancing at the books might work in high school, but it won't cut it in college.
8. Don't dye your hair. You will never find a color that suits you better than your natural color.
9. You're a good kid... keep it up (so that I don't discourage my 16 year old self with all of the criticism).
So what would you tell your 16 year old self?
So what would you tell your 16 year old self?
2 comments:
I love this post! I did one kind of like it after I saw '17 Again.'
http://hollylynnsays.blogspot.com/search?q=17+Again
Oh Neen....What wouldn't I tell the 16 year old self....Let's just leave this one unanswered because we both know it would be pretty bad/vulgar! lol...I would have loved to kick my 16 year old butt looking back on it...but I am where I am today because of who I was then I guess...
Post a Comment