Two things I've learned so far...
1. BYU prepared me very well for law school. While the work load for law school is going to be insane, I don't feel that it's going to be so much of a change that I can't handle it, you know? I mean, it's just an expected progression from my undergrad, and for that, I am thankful.
2. I am a linguistic learner. My MIDAS test (Multiple Intelligences Developmental Assessment Scales) told me so! That means that I learn best through just basic reading and writing. Nothing fancy... just the basics. I also place great importance on word choice, grammar and mechanics. To this I (and anyone who knows me would) say, "duh!" And a random conversation about bulimia that took place shortly after learning this reminded me of a story:
A few years ago, I had a roommate who turned out to be bulimic. As always, I was so concerned with school that I failed to see her odd behavior. She would go in the bathroom and turn the shower on. At first I thought that was strange... but then I was like, "well, maybe she just likes to be clean?" (No, Kathleen. Nobody is that clean. Especially not her.) As the days went by, we would comment on the occasional binging that we saw, but she would just say "I am sooooo hungry!" and that would be enough for us. One day, I got fed-up with her mail of 3 weeks sitting on the counter, so I went in her room to deliver it and glanced at a piece of paper. I remember it was a list of problems she was currently having. I only glanced, but it was forever burnt into my memory. The only thing I now remember from that paper? That she spelled "bulimia" wrong.
1 comment:
haha...i remember that!!!!
Post a Comment