Monday, August 11, 2008

Feel Stupid, France.


Last night I was about to turn off the TV and go to bed when all of the sudden "Michael Phelps in 29 Minutes!" flashed in the corner of the screen. Thanks, NBC for feeding my obsession. Since I'm a Phelps Phan (in a way not as creepy as the AT&T commercial), I just had to stay awake! I got all ready for bed and settled in to watch the men's 4x100 freestyle relay finals.


The commentators were talking about a comment made by France that really bugged me. "The Americans? We're going to smash the Americans. It's what we came to do."


So it's down to the last 50m and the French are ahead by almost a full body's length. It's clearly going to be a new world record for the event and it appears the French are going to win. Oh, but wait! Lezak appears to be picking up steam in the last 10m... and.... Lezak touches first! The Americans win!! Oh, it was amazing. I'm way glad I stayed awake for it! I can't find the video yet, but I'm sure it will be on the highlights of the games.




Take that, France!