Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Conversation with Poli Sci Graduates...

So, at graduation we had these cards that we had to fill out. The cards had all of our basic information on the front, and we had to spell our names phonetically on the back. This is a real conversation that took place while filling out said cards....

GIRL 1: Wait, this card asks for "nationality." Do I say... white?
ALL IN UNISON: That's your ethnicity.
BOY 1: Your nationality is "American."
G 1: Oh, then I think they mean to ask for ethnicity.
G 2: But they didn't ask for your ethnicity. They asked for your nationality.
G 1: Well, I'm just going to put "white."
B 1: I'm not. I'm going to put American... because American is my nationality. If they wanted my ethnicity, they should have asked for my ethnicity. I'm not going to answer the question wrong just because they're stupid.
G 1: Ok, whatever... next question.... what do they mean by "school?"


No comments: