Many of you know that I no longer have cable. Well, that leaves me with three channels: NBC, ABC, CBS. I know, right? How do I even survive?!
Once upon a time I had a show on ABC. Remember a little show that got "postponed indefinitely" called Dirty Sexy Money? Apparently its ratings weren't high enough or some crap like that. They essentially canceled it... although they won't call it that. Instead, they left it on a cliffhanger and called in "postponed." Why? Because they had some awesome, brand new mid-season pilots to pick up. Awesome shows like "In the Motherhood," "Surviving Suburbia," and a show all about a man who thinks he's Cupid. Because clearly these will last an entire season and give ABC the ratings boost they're seeking--NOT.
But I think that I have discovered ABC's strategy... they lure us in with promising previews for new shows... and who doesn't tune in to see if this new show will be their immediate favorite? Who doesn't want to say that they watched it from the beginning and liked it before it was "cool"? My theory is that ABC is going to air new tv shows regularly to keep people interested. It's never going to be the same lineup... so that people continue to watch for the next big thing.
You don't fool me ABC... and it's not going to work forever.
Bring back Dirty Sexy Money!
Once upon a time I had a show on ABC. Remember a little show that got "postponed indefinitely" called Dirty Sexy Money? Apparently its ratings weren't high enough or some crap like that. They essentially canceled it... although they won't call it that. Instead, they left it on a cliffhanger and called in "postponed." Why? Because they had some awesome, brand new mid-season pilots to pick up. Awesome shows like "In the Motherhood," "Surviving Suburbia," and a show all about a man who thinks he's Cupid. Because clearly these will last an entire season and give ABC the ratings boost they're seeking--NOT.
But I think that I have discovered ABC's strategy... they lure us in with promising previews for new shows... and who doesn't tune in to see if this new show will be their immediate favorite? Who doesn't want to say that they watched it from the beginning and liked it before it was "cool"? My theory is that ABC is going to air new tv shows regularly to keep people interested. It's never going to be the same lineup... so that people continue to watch for the next big thing.
You don't fool me ABC... and it's not going to work forever.
Bring back Dirty Sexy Money!
4 comments:
Kathleen, You are a riot! I'll have you know that we survived without cable or satelite until this past summer. Now we have satelite and have more channels than I know what to do with. I never did watch Dirty sexy money, but did watch Cane (I think that's what it was called) and loved it and then they canceled. I also liked Ely Stone and they canceled that. Anyway, I don't watch ABC any more. It's very unreliable!
Why do they always cancel the shows we actually like? I was totally into notes from the underbelly but of course they never got passed only like 5 episodes!
and Pushing Daisies too!
Dirty Sexy Money was awesome....I just thought I was missing it's "new night." So, today I grabbed the TV guide to make sure they didn't ax Samantha Who (it's NBC so hopefully they won't) but WHY do they keep moving the day??? Drives me nuts!!!!!!!! I need consistency people---I am a busy woman and cannot watch every night and NO--I don't Tevo. That is dumb. Just watch it or don't watch it---they won't be watched anyway---unless you don't have enough gas in your car to get to Blockbuster!
Post a Comment