Dear Supreme Court,
I propose a new rule for judges/justices: If you are not writing the majority opinion of the Court, but want to write a concurrence or dissent, you are limited to one page.*
*because if your opinion mattered, you would have been on the winning side.
I am just tired of reading these court decisions with 1 page majority decisions and 5 page concurrences. The concurrence or dissent is not law and really doesn't matter (unless I get called on in class). You have one page... choose your words wisely. Learn to state your case efficiently.
Thank You,
Kathleen
I propose a new rule for judges/justices: If you are not writing the majority opinion of the Court, but want to write a concurrence or dissent, you are limited to one page.*
*because if your opinion mattered, you would have been on the winning side.
I am just tired of reading these court decisions with 1 page majority decisions and 5 page concurrences. The concurrence or dissent is not law and really doesn't matter (unless I get called on in class). You have one page... choose your words wisely. Learn to state your case efficiently.
Thank You,
Kathleen
No comments:
Post a Comment