Picture this: Friday early-evening. I'm bored. I've already cleaned everything in my apartment and it's too soon to start thinking about next week's homework. I turned on the TV; HGTV, of course. House Hunters is ending and up next is the HGTV Dream Home 2009 Special. Well, let me tell you... I think it was made especially for me this year. I got online and entered only to find out that I could enter once-a-day! I was a little bummed because I only found out for the last 6 days about a contest that lasted 6 weeks. That means that some people have much higher chance of winning. Then I forgot to enter for a few days... which means that my name is only in the hat 4 times (I'll go ahead and attempt to do the math... some people are in there up to 42 times). As I was entering for the last time, I decided to read the rules:Resident of the United States
Check!
At least 21 as of 1/1/09
Check! +1!
Blah, blah, blah...
Grand Prize worth $2,052,450
Whoa!
Home worth $1.8mil
Car worth $49k
Home Furnishings worth $200k
Blah, blah, blah...
GRAND PRIZE RECIPIENT RESPONSIBLE FOR FEES ASSOCIATED WITH PROPERTY TAXES, TITLE INSURANCE, CLOSING COSTS, ETC.
GRAND PRIZE RECIPIENT RESPONSIBLE FOR 1099 TAX FORM, WHICH WILL BE PROVIDED.
GRAND PRIZE RECIPIENT RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEES NOT EXPRESSLY IDENTIFIED ABOVE.
I then came to this disappointing realization:
Can I even afford to win this contest??
Can I even afford to win this contest??
1 comment:
PS I love your blog.
Umm, thinking of Valentines, I listened to the Love CD you made us freshmen year all day and thought of fond Catholic/Mormon memories. How's law? Hard? hehe love you
Post a Comment