Spring Cleaning started a little early this year. It feels like Spring outside, so it's somewhat justified. I just de-friended 50+ of my Facebook besties. Let's be honest, though: the people that I de-friended fell into 5 basic categories:
1. People I have not seen since highschool and in whose life I have no interest.
2. People I do not know.
3. People my sister's age.
4. People that do not need to know anything going on in my life.
5. People for which I have no networking need.
I also realized that there are about 100 more people that I would love to delete if deleting would not spark controversy.
So if we're still friends, you're safe for now... but I can't make any promises. :)
Kidding, kidding!
6 comments:
I made the cut! And we only talk every couple months. What if I cut back to quarterly?
i had a facebook purge a couple weeks ago too. i was more conservative than you were, but i like to tidy up my list often, so some of my friends on the periphery (or "cuspers" as the millionaire matchmaker says) better watch it.
What annoys me the most, is when you delete people and then they add you again a few weeks later!
omg! I'm your sister's age and i'm still your friend! or did you mean mack?
I delete people my age too. Half of them I don't even like.
No, no, Nikki! I meant Erin's age. Of course I wouldn't delete you! I'm talking about the people that are Erin's age that I have never even talked to... and she probably has never even talked to.. who added me and I was like "ummm...." But those that I am actually friends with, I kept :)
Post a Comment