Yesterday was a fun day! I turned 27 and everyone had a whole day off to celebrate!
First, I hung out with the babies while Steve went to take a check-ride. The check-ride didn't end up happening because it was too stormy. So then he came home and we got to spend the rest of the day as a family! I got awesome presents! (Most of them were a surprise, despite George telling me "I went to Costco with Daddy. We got Mommy shoes. Then we went to another store. Then we went to Sonic." When I got my presents, I realized that they didn't go to Sonic, but the second store was beside Sonic. The kid loves Sonic lately.) Then, we finished the last episode of "Downton Abbey" while we waited for babies to nap. Seriously, I don't know if I can watch "Downton Abbey" next season. I can't deal with all of this sadness.
Once the babies woke up, we went to the outlet mall because they were having great sales! I got a really cute headband to go with Ruthie's birthday picture dress. The best part is that it's really an adult-sized headband, so we can share! I guess there is a benefit to having babies with monster-sized heads!
After walking around the mall for a long time, we went to Red Robin for dinner! It was soooo good. I really love Red Robin, but Steve doesn't... so I pretty much only get to eat at Red Robin when he's doing something nice for me! After dinner, we went to a fun little playground and let George run around. We had so much fun and the kids were up way too late. We really paid for that last night (or I did, at least... I am pretty sure Steve slept well) I feel like one of them was up every 10 minutes and I hardly got any sleep.
Here are some pictures from our fun day. We will start with a few that George took:
And George was sooo proud of this pictures he took of Ruthie:
Ruthie lounging in the stroller with her feet up on the bar:
For most of our dinner, George ran around in circles. It's a good thing the restaurant was pretty empty:
He was ready for ice cream, though!
Earlier in the day, Daddy and Ruthie relaxed while we waited for George to wake up:
So that was our totally fun day! Today, Daddy is taking his check-ride for real and we are so excited!! This is the last check-ride he needs before he can really start accumulating the last few hours that he needs to apply for jobs!! Hooray!!









No comments:
Post a Comment