Wednesday, September 11, 2013

This Week

The news is on in the background.  This really happened just now:
Anchor:  He was linked to two of the rapes by DNA.  He is suspected of two other rapes, but those victims did not have samples. 
George:  (stands up)  Mom!  He said 'samples'! He got samples at Costco!  
Me:  Umm.... yeah....
------------------

Driving in the car, we passed a school-

G:  That's a playground!  Mommy, it's so beautiful!

-------------------

George spilled a whole bag of white chocolate chips on the floor.  I would like to document that this is the first time that he has ever, ever offered to help me clean up anything.  Yup.  He ate them all.  Off the floor.

--------------------

Ruthie's birthday is Friday and I can't believe it's been a year already!  I was looking at pictures from this time last year.  George looked so little!  Also, I couldn't help but notice that George is wearing a jacket in a lot of those pictures.  We have yet to need a jacket this year.  It was 96* today.

In related news, I am very excited:  For the first time, I looked at the 10-day forecast and we are expected to have a day under 89*.... next Friday.... as in September 20.  Oh wait... the news said Tuesday might be 89*!  Whoo hoo!  A cold front!

Can you tell I am ready for summer to be over?

-------------------

This is the birthday girl at the playground yesterday!  She is no longer content to be held at the playground... she needs to get down and play!

 

------------------------

And George learned how to use a glue stick:




No comments: