I'm the first to admit that I'm not a mathematician. (I can't even spell mathematician. Seriously--I tried 3 times before letting spell-check fix it for me.) But let's do a little equation:
I took out a total of $40,615 in student loans for 1 year of law school.
I took out a total of $40,615 in student loans for 1 year of law school.
I have since paid back $7793.17 over the last 22 months.
So how does $40,615 - $7793.17 = $41,986 ???
How have I paid back almost $8k and I owe more than I originally took out?
Interest is the worst. I have seriously paid $0 on the principal this year and $3066.00 interest. How is this legal???
I think I am going to find a way to get really rich and offer student loans at 1/2 of the interest. I would still make a killing.
2 comments:
I hate student loans AND interest! I forgot you went to law school.
Just one year... I saw how much it cost and bowed out!
Post a Comment