Today, my friends are graduating from law school. It's hard to believe that it's been 3 years since I started law school with them. I always wondered how I would feel when they graduated.
I feel... relieved... that I am not $150k in debt and about to start a job that I hate but have to work 80 hours/week to pay back that debt (remember how I hated legal writing?). I'm grateful for the humbling experience that it was to quit even though it looked/sounded/still sounds bad. I'm grateful for my wonderful husband and our little boy (who we wouldn't have right now had I stayed in school). Law school may be right for a lot of people--just not me!
Congrats to all of my law school friends!! You've all worked so hard and I'm proud of you!
2 comments:
Congrats on making the decision early! You are such a great mom for little George! Dan says you should be relieved - about the debt especially! :)
Hey! So I'm finally catching up on you and I have to say it's so fun! I'm really impressed with this brief post. I think I'd have a lot of mixed emotions, but overall, I hope I would have the attitude you do about it. I think it's so hard sometimes to do what's best instead of what's alluring. Josh is a lawyer and as you well know, it's busy. It's not a happy job, but it's a steady one for him, so we're really grateful for it, but you're so right, it's not for everyone and how horrible to have found out after you'd pushed through it and ended up with all that debt! Kudos to you for figuring that out early! Love you!
Post a Comment