First, how irritated was I that Blogger was down all night last night? I mean, do they not realize that I have very important opinions that I need to share with the world?? Just kidding--but it was annoying in that I wanted to share my extreme couponing with all of you.
Yesterday, I took a list and went to Target. I only got things on my list (in fact, I didn't even get everything on my list because I decided that some of it I didn't need right away... way to go me, huh?). So I went with my coupons and this is what I got:
3 pack of 35 count Clorox wipes - originally $5.99On sale for $4.99One online coupon for $0.75 offHellmanns Mayo - $4.19One online coupon for $1.00 offJohn Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo & Conditioner - $5.99 each (x2)$3/1 - manufacturer's coupon (5/1 newspaper)$1/1 - manufacturer's coupon (5/1 newspaper)$3/2 - Target online couponTotal spent: $4.98 for 2 ($2.49 each)4 boxes of Market Pantry pasta - $0.87 each$1/4 - Target online coupon2 Oscar Mayer packaged lunch meats (about 1/2 lb each) - $3.00 eachBuy 2, Get free loaf of bread deal$6.50 for 1lb of lunch meat and a loaf of bread!Uncle Ben's Ready Rice - $1.52Coupon for FREE product from Uncle Ben's website.$0.00! (F-R-E-E)Plus I bought 2 birthday cards.
Total before coupons: $41.09
Total after coupons: $27.63 (32% savings)
Also, last week, Target was having a sale where I bought 2 big boxes of diapers and got a $5 giftcard. Plus, I had a coupon. So I saved $6 on my diapers last week and we're set for at least 6 weeks!
This is also where I'm going to admit that I look over The Krazy Coupon Lady a few times a week (and I liked her on facebook for other updates). Also, I found a few newspaper vending machines... and after driving around for an hour and a little vigilante justice, I got a newspaper 2 weeks ago (you're going to have to ask me personally for this story--at least while the statute of limitations is still running). I also look at KCL's list of online coupons. Plus, I check some coupon websites once I have my list ready for the store. All in all, it didn't consume my day and I feel good about that. Next time, though, I'll find a vending machine with more than one newspaper in it.
So, TLC, I'm waiting for my phone call....
1 comment:
Thank you so much for your comment!
Your blog is great- I love that you've started the whole couponing thing. That's something that I keep telling myself that I need to do, but then the laziness takes over.
I went to the Tosh.0 link.... hilarious. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is captivated by Cee Lo's mini hands.
Have a great day!
Post a Comment