Friday, January 9, 2009

It Figures.

Ok, so a few months ago I went to the bank to make a deposit. While I was there, the teller told me all about the "Chase Picks Up the Tab" contest. Apparently every 500th purchase in the country that is made with a Chase debit card wins and Chase pays for that charge. When I signed up to the guy I said, "Watch. I'll win and Chase will pick up the tab for my big gulp!" He told me that the minimum that I'll get if I win is $6.50 and the max is like $200 or something. Last night I checked my bank account to see if I had a few dollars to run to Target before my loan check cleared (I had $20... cutting it close!) when I saw a deposit for $6.50 with a note that said "Chase Picks Up the Tab Winner!" Curious about the winning purchase? (Drumroll please.........)


A HALF-PRICE (90¢) LARGE DIET COKE
FROM SONIC HAPPY HOUR.

Really? With all the hundreds of dollars I've spent over the last few months on my debit card and Chase couldn't have picked up a more expensive tab?? Oh, well. I guess $6.50 is better than nothing. I shouldn't be complaining. I never win anything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, that is so funny! I found your blog on a link from Leah Miller's blog. The $6.50 might not be that great. But don't you just love Sonic Happy Hour?!