Friday, June 28, 2013

The Pediatrician

When I take my kids to the pediatrician, it feels like a test.  And I do well on tests.  I make sure they are clean and well put-together.  I make sure I am clean and well put-together. I try my hardest to be on time.  I spend the whole drive to the office making up stories about how little tv we watch and how I get my toddler to eat all of his vegetables.  (Lies... all lies...).  Really, I just want this to be the pediatrician's reaction:


But alas, like Ralphie, that is never the response that I get.  I suppose pediatricians can't have favorites... but I am sure if you asked her off the record, I am the best mother she's ever seen.

Our appointment did go well, though!  The kids are growing healthy and strong!  Ruthie's development (while still behind for her actual age) is catching up!  George didn't ask for his binky once while we were there and the subject never came up (so I can reserve that "fib" for his next visit)!  Here are their stats from today:

George - 30 mo. well check:
34.9 lbs (91st percentile)
36 3/4" tall (61st percentile)
52.5cm head circumference (98th percentile)

Ruthie - 9 mo. well check:
18 lb, 10 oz (39th percentile)
28" (tall? long?)  (57th percentile)
46.5 cm head circumference (96th percentile)


On the cuteness scale, they are both over the 99th percentile!

And on another note, do you remember Seriously So Blessed! ??

1 comment:

Domanique said...

hahah I love it. I am the same way, I always want to get a pat on the back or something. But alas our doctor is so lax and I get no pat on the back, instead a referral to the cranial center. bahaha (derek blames us for that one)