Monday, June 10, 2013

The Chore Chart

It officially started yesterday.  George now has chores.  They're not really chores, though... and they are things that he should be doing anyway... but they are things that cause contention in our home:


Like, really... why should I have to give him a sticker for getting dressed nicely?  Sometimes I would love to be able to read his mind!  And "Be Happy" is the shortened version of "No yelling/hitting/throwing/being too rough and just general bad behavior."  In short:  "Be Happy," because that's all that would fit in the box.

So, yesterday he got "sad faces" in the "Be Happy" and "Eat Dinner" categories.  He got stickers in everything else except for "clean up."  I kept that blank.  He didn't help me clean up, but he didn't make more of a mess while I was cleaning, so I consider that neutral.

George's behavior has been SO much better today because he is terrified of getting a "sad face!"  We made a big deal over giving him stickers for "staying in bed" and "getting dressed" this morning!  He loves it!  Let's hope the excitement continues! 

1 comment:

Lisa & Joel said...

So cute! Can those be MY chores, please?