There's lots going on here! My children have staged an all-out coup.... one in which their sleeping habits have totally changed. As in, George now comes out of his room a billion times before he goes to sleep (and cries at the baby gate until we put his blankets back on him... that's it... he gets out of bed so that we can put his blankets back on him). Ruthie has started un-sleeping through the night... in fact, she wakes up about 3 times. I try not to feed her, but I can't let her cry it out because this place just isn't big enough and she keeps waking up George. So I feed her around 5 am, which is what I have been doing all along. They both wake up sometime in the 6 am hour now, which is equally uncool. In addition to the lack of sleep that I get at night, they also tag-team naps now. Ruthie is adjusting to two longer naps instead of 50 cat-naps and George takes one long nap right after lunch. So now, right after George takes a nap, Ruthie wakes up... and then when she is ready to go back down, George wakes up.... which leaves no nap for Mommy. I saw something on Pinterest that says, "When we don't get enough sleep, we all act like 2 year olds" and boy is that how I feel right now! Just when we were adjusted to having a second baby, everything changed. Hopefully I will get this figured out soon!
There are some other things going on, too!
Ruthie ate cereal for the first time! She's not sure how she feels about it still... but we're working on it!
We got a new TV! This is actually a funny story. We got a free tv about 4 years ago when Steve helped one of my friends move. It wasn't fancy, but it was free. Well, when it finally died last week, we decided to replace it with an equally non-fancy tv for $25. The "new tv" is actually older than the old tv... and the tube on the back is so huge that it doesn't even fit in our tv space in the living room! We moved it to our bedroom because I didn't want it to fall on George. It weighs about 150 lbs! So we have it back for sale and we are going to have to spend real money on a new tv. The funny thing is how excited George was for our "new TB!" He was dancing around and just thought it was the greatest. Isn't it cute how innocent and humble little babies are??
We are going to have to pack up the baby swing. Mostly because of Ruthie's new trick. Sad because sometimes it is the only thing that gets her to sleep. Like right now, when she woke up from what she apparently thought was a nap, but I considered it bedtime. We really need to work on our communication. Anyway, here is video of her new trick:
And lastly, George called the bears to give them a piece of his mind:

4 comments:
Hahaha!!! We were laughing so hard at the bear conversation!!! So funny!!! We love your kids! Ruthie is adorable! And JJ totally does that same trick - calling us to come put her blanket back on!
Hey Cute Kids They are Getting Bigger
if I was down there I would give you a break.
Aunt Linda
Poor Georgie! He will talk about that until he is 80! :)
JJ is very concerned about why George dropped his binky into the bears' cage and why they won't give it back. We just watched this movie at least a dozen times and she just keeps saying, "I want to watch George talking to the bears again!" She also likes to watch Ruthie swinging. :)
Post a Comment