On Wednesday, we went to the zoo! George loved being able to walk around (something he only gets to do when I have help chasing him)! We had a great time. George kept talking about the alligators and I couldn't figure out why it was such a big deal... so I kept saying "Ok... look at the elephants!" We didn't see the alligators until the end... and I remembered that there is a big brass alligator that he can climb on.
Somewhere in the middle, we saw the lions and tigers... and Sloth Bears.
(this is not my picture... just to give you an idea of what they look like)
Every other time I have been at this zoo, one of the bears has been sleeping and the other bear has been pacing back and forth on a wall. On Wednesday, they were both pacing in a big pit right up against the path, but about 15 feet down. George just had to see them, so he grabbed a hold of the gate and tried to climb it (it arched and went horizontal for a few feet). Well, when he did this... he dropped his binky into the pit. The bears walked straight over to it and started to play. And then George stood there and watched them rip it to shreds. He is still talking about it. (But also, he is still talking about a little girl who got a time out for taking Buzz Lightyear from him in nursery... two weeks ago.) So, you can't see the bink, but here are the bears tearing it apart. At one point, one had it in his mouth and at another point, one threw it in the air. You can imagine the years of therapy this is going to require. I briefly considered taking the binky away altogether and telling him the bears took it... but I didn't want to ruin the zoo forever because he really, really loves it!
Rookie move, I didn't have another binky. We stopped at Target on the way home. Will I ever be done buying this kid binkies? I swear we could have controlling interest in Nuk at this point.


No comments:
Post a Comment