Monday, May 20, 2013

Nu-Naks

Funny story...

George was a tired mess for the first few minutes of church this week.  When he found fruit snacks in my bag, we said "Fine.  But you have to sit nicely."  I don't usually resort to snacks in the first few minutes, but this was an exceptionally difficult day!  During the opening prayer, we hear "aah!  There's a nu-nak in my hair!  There's a nu-nak in my hair!"  We look over to see... a fruit snack stuck in George's hair... and him frantically trying to pull it out!  We couldn't help but start cracking up!  We had to pretend that we were very concerned while Steve pulled it out.  It left some residue that is actually still there.  He didn't have time for a bath last night and I forgot all about it during his bath tonight..... oops.

By the time Sacrament was being passed, he was going super-crazy.  Steve took him for a drive around the block and then carried him back in to the building.  He slept until the end of Sunday School (which, thankfully, was in the chapel thanks to Ward Conference).  It was quite a day.

(As an aside... tonight in the car, he had another pack of fruit snacks.  I heard him say "Hey!  Where'd go?  Nu-nak... where are you??"  He forgot all about it and kept eating the rest of the pack.  I looked back a minute later and it was stuck to his chin.  Seriously--how does he make them so sticky??)

2 comments:

Nikki said...

This post reminds me of finding nemo..."there's a fish in my hair there's a fish in my hair!"
Cute...

Unknown said...

I'm dying laughing at this story!