Thursday, February 28, 2013

She's a Roller!

And I have proof!

Ruthie is 5 1/2 months old, technically... but since she was early, she is developing closer to her adjusted age (based on her due date), which is 3 1/2 months.  It's been difficult having to wait for her big milestones, especially when I see babies born around the same time as her who seem to be doing so much more than she can.  The pediatrician reminds me at every appointment that she is exactly where she should be for her adjusted age and that she should be caught up by age 2 (when a mere 2 months isn't much of a difference).  So, she hates tummy time... but lately has been lifting up better.  She started to roll the other day, but gave up.  Today, she did it!! 

Here is the beginning (the toilet flush is G's training potty... just so you know):


and I gave up recording it because I've been burned so many times before (jkjk!).  But then I got the camera again just in time!


And today she also showed me that she may be rolling back-to-belly soon!  She was so interested in the kids at Toddler Time that she was on her side with her back and neck arched to see them!  It won't be long!  Our baby is growing up!

1 comment:

Trina said...

What a cutie!!! She is adorable!!! It's so fun when they start to move!!! And then they get into everything... :)