Monday, February 25, 2013

Stuff George Says

Steve has been asking me if I write this stuff down.  I haven't been... so I'll start throwing them on the blog to remember them.

Lately we have had a problem with G running in the parking lot.  Saturday, I put on his shoes and told him that we were going to the store.  He walked over to the sliding glass door and pointed to the parking lot.  Then he said, "No running in the parking lot, Binky.  Cars will hit you."  So... at least he hears me... even if he doesn't listen.  Last night to be a comedian, he was saying, "cars will hit you, (applesauce/milky/pancakes, etc)."  So we have established that he is, in deed, not deaf.

I put a toddler cd into the car (mistake #1) and then I let G call out requests from the back seat (mistake #2).  We now listen to the same song about firetrucks over and over every time we are in the car.

When I try to sing anything (especially songs that G knows and loves), G yells out "MY TURN!" from the back seat.  It is always his turn.  It is never my turn.  I never get to sing in the car anymore and that makes me really sad.

Yesterday, G got in trouble for not eating his vitamins.  Not just not eating them, but putting them in his mouth and making them all sticky and then just rubbing them on things.  I took his vitamins away and washed his hands and he was crying and then said to me, "I want Daggy!" (Daddy).  It was all I could do to not laugh... but I had to tell him that Daddy wouldn't let him do that either.  But he probably would.  And George  is a smart kid who knows which parent is the push-over.

Ok--Ruthie started fussing and G ran in there and I don't hear her anymore... so let's hope that she's just smiling and laughing at him and that he isn't smothering her.  Gotta run!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all the talking G is doing! Gus too loves to listen to music in the car though, his favorite song is, "Scream and Shout" by Will.i.am and Brittany Spears :)