Friday, November 30, 2012

One Month

Ruthie has been home for one whole month!  She is 10 lbs 2 oz and somewhere around 21" long (not sure exactly because I think the doctor's ruler is off a little).  She has grown out of all of her newborn footie-pajamas (but she still fits in the stuff without feet for a little while, anyway).  She has pretty much grown out of newborn diapers, but I am using up what we have before I move her up to size 1.

It has been nice having her home and not having to drive back and forth to the hospital... but it's also really difficult.  I miss having the nurses around to answer all of my questions... and I miss having her checked out by a doctor every day.  Paranoid mom stuff, I'm sure.

Ruthie loves to be held.  At first, I thought she was a lot needier than G at this age... and then I remembered that for the first few months, all G and I did was lay in bed.  Once I realized that, I felt bad that I don't get to just sit and hold her all day.

I am having to learn how to handle George again.  He was a totally different little boy before Ruthie was born.  While I was running back and forth to the hospital, he entered his terrible twos.  I feel like we are improving every day, but some days are still difficult!  I have found that what he needs is all of my attention. So as long as he has that, he's fine.  As you can imagine, things start to fall apart when I am feeding Ruthie or she wants to be held.  He doesn't get mad at her, though... he gets mad at me.  And he pulls my hair.  So that's where cartoons come in handy.

So I ordered "The Happiest Toddler on the Block" the other day.  I was so happy with "The Happiest Baby on the Block," so I really, really hope this works, too.

Ok-the girl wants to be held, so I need to run!! 

No comments: