George got his first haircut this month! Boy, did he need it! Steve had these great hopes of George's hair growing out nice and curly... which didn't happen. Instead, the top got curly, the sides just covered his ear, the back got ratty... complete with rat-tail! It had to go. Finally, Steve saw my point. We set up Elmo's World and his high chair in the bathroom and Steve cut his hair! (Impressive, right??) It took a really long time because Steve was kind of obsessive about it... but it looks great!
The Finished Product:
Much, much better! My little boy now looks like a little boy again! It's so funny that it took 16 months for him to get his first haircut! Poor boy has just never had much hair!
George also went camping for the first time! I don't really like camping, but I must say that we had fun! It was our ward camp out. We don't own any camping equipment (none at all), so I was planning on using that as an excuse to not have to spend the night... and then our friends Jenn and Ryan told Steve that they have a gigantic 2-room tent. It was seriously gigantic! We had room for a queen-sized air mattress and the pack and play with plenty of room to spare! George did not want to go to sleep... and he was awake until probably after 10. We were all awake talking around the campfire until about 11:30! I didn't sleep much anyway because I wasn't really comfortable and it was soooo windy! I probably got to sleep at 4 and then I woke up at 6:30 all because.... I woke the baby. G was sleeping on top of his blankets and it looked so cold and we didn't have any spare blankets! So I tried to gently move him... which didn't work. So, good morning, campers!! We've got a crying baby! We got home around 10am and it felt like 4pm! G fell asleep in the car... so he only slept for a few minutes once we got home. I swear I slept all day! I know for sure that we took a 2 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon... but I don't remember much more of the day... so I think I was probably asleep on the couch while G ripped the place apart! Here are some pictures from that adventure:
And last but not least... G is really into putting on shoes lately. He goes over to the door and grabs a shoe and puts it on and tries to walk. Don't tell Steve this because he would be mad... but George has been walking around in one of my shoes for the past 2 days! It's so funny! For some reason, he has really taking a liking to this one shoe and I think it's really easy for him to walk in...
Ok--this should be long enough to make up for my terrible blogging in the month of April! The months are seriously just flying by!

2 comments:
Really cute, all of it! Love the pic of the 3 of you camping. That sucks that you woke him up! Lol! Cute post.
Oh how I love G and his hair cut. Dave however thinks that you should have kept the rat tail and braided it :)
Post a Comment