Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Big News!


For those of you who haven't seen it on Facebook, we are expecting another little baby in November!  I am 15 weeks along!  My due date is either November 14 or 15... not like that's any difference, really.  The baby measured a due date of November 15, but if you know how a due date is calculated, the calculation says the 14th.  I know that I sound totally dumb...

To answer the most common questions that I get:

  • Yes, this was planned.
  • George will be just shy of 2 years old.
  • I will find out of it is a boy or girl on June 27th!  And I can't wait!
I feel great... just really, really tired!  Poor George watches way more cartoons than he should... but he is so sweet and comes over and gives me hugs when I'm laying on the couch!  For the first trimester, I started to feel sick around 11pm (after dinner digested and my stomach was empty).  As long as I got a snack, I was fine... but I did miss my "snack window" a few times and got really sick.  Throwing up an empty stomach is just about the worst!

I did have a weird symptom that appears to be gone.  I had a really sweet taste in my mouth.  It was gross and it didn't go away.  It made water (and other things without much taste) taste really bad.  I noticed last week that I think it's gone.  So that's good.

I am showing at 15 weeks more than I showed until about 20 weeks last time!  I really haven't gained any weight yet.  I think that's because I gained 10 lbs right away when I started weaning George.  So, I actually dropped 5 lbs immediately and have only gained those 5 lbs back.  My little sister asked me how much I weighed the other day... riiiiiiiight.

I have been in maternity clothes for about a month now.  At least the pants.  I got the most comfortable shorts known to man at H&M for Mother's Day, but had to open them early because it's so stinking hot here!  I realized that last time around, one of my friends let me borrow all of her maternity clothes... so I didn't get much.  I guess I didn't really think about the fact that I would have to give them back.  So my mom & I got a few more things the other day and I'm pretty set and a lot more comfortable!  (My mom was really getting sick of looking at me wear Steve's red basketball shorts!)

And last but not least, George dragged a baby doll around by the foot all week last week.  He was really sweet and offered her his binky.  He loved putting her to bed and giving her kisses (with his binky in his mouth).  If this is what I have to look forward to, he will never, ever, ever be with this new baby unsupervised... not even for a second!  Not even while I blink!  He was so sweet, but a little rough!

2 comments:

~*Heather*~ said...

YAY!! Congratulations!!! (I haven't checked facebook in forever! Our neighbors moved and it's blocked at work hehe).

Kaley said...

woohoo!