Monday, March 2, 2009

It Is So Glamorous!

So the other day I had a very detailed conversation with someone about Rich Girls, the first of MTV's crazy reality shows. Think Laguna Beach or The Hills, but richer, and funnier because it's ridiculously real. Rich Girls followed Ally Hilfiger (yes, Tommy's daughter) and Jaime Gleicher (heiress to the JanSport fortune) around NYC. They were dramatic. They were spoiled rotten, yet somehow just so darn lovable. I watched every episode loyally my junior year of high school. I think that was when I first decided that I love reality TV. I wanted to be their friend (ridiculous as they were).

Remember when Ally wanted to make a Mexican meal and asked the workers at Whole Foods what should go in it? Beans? Canned? What? Ok... what kind of cheese? Then she freaked out when she got home, "All I want is my onion an
d my tomato... in the beef... with the rice and the cheese and avocado and I want to eat it! I can't handle this knife right now!!!"

Remember when Jaime wanted to "lose it" before prom because it's so cliche to do it on prom night? And do you also remember that prom was a complete disaster?

Remember when they decided that people from the Midwest wore only cargo pants? They needed the extra pockets to carry stuff on the farm.

Remember when they went to London and Jaime felt left out? My mom always taught me that 3 girls in any situation is generally a bad idea. (Ironically, there are 3 girls in my family... but we are definitely the rule, not the exception!) Remember when Jaime's straightener fried Liz's hair. It was so Jaime's fault:



Good times, good times.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this show! Whenever I'm having a bad day, I pull the dvd's out and have a marathon of it. Ally and Jaime always make me feel better.
I was sad to hear about Papa Gleicher's passing, he was such a character on the show.