Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Due?

Some days I feel like Tracy Turnblad and other days I feel fine. Yesterday I felt fine... and then I went to visit my grandma. It's official. Operation: Skinny Kathleen is once again underway. Usually it's time to diet when grandma calls you "healthy." We hit an all-new low. Granted, my grandma is 81 and has so many grandkids that she can't keep straight what's going on in everyone's life, but this is a true life conversation we had:
GMA: So hunny, when are you due?
ME: Due? When is what due?
GMA: When are you due?
ME: Grandma... I'm... not pregnant......
GMA: You're not? Who told me you were?
ME: Umm... I'm not sure... Brittany's pregnant? Shelly just had a baby? I'm definitely not pregnant.
GMA: Oh, hmm. I must have been thinking of one of them.
So, my Adornetto's pizza tonight was fabulous and I treasured every bite... that I ate while driving. It's going to be the last junk* food that I have for a while. Goodbye, yummy food! You will be missed more than you know.

*see also: yummy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA I love grandma! She said that to me once when I was 13. As if I didn't already feel bad about myself at that age...she called me healthy.

Mrs Ana said...

You my dear do not need to diet! Grandmas have a way of losing all focus and dragging you down with them. They are very honest of what they think but not so clear! Thanks for sharing I got my laugh for the day!