Dear Tyra,
I watch your show almost every day. It’s great! The other day, however, I was disturbed by the topic: “5 Ways to Win Him Back!” First—the entire crowd was female. There were no male perspectives! Second—if they broke up in the first place, it is probably not a healthy relationship. One girl was especially insecure because her ex-boyfriend looked at women walking down the street and compared her to them. You gave her a makeover. My friend Greg would tell her that if the boyfriend is checking out other women and commenting on her appearance, he’s just not that into her. If she is insecure, that is something that she needs to work on for herself—not her boyfriend.
Also, you praised this comment from the crowd: “A few years ago, I noticed that my boyfriend wasn’t appreciating me anymore. I decided that I wanted a little mini-makeover. I cut my hair and changed my clothes and then he started to appreciate me again.” Do you know what that tells women? That tells me that I need to change myself in order to be appreciated. I don’t believe that Tyra, do you?
You may think that you are helping women with this discussion topic, but you’re really not. Women need blunt honesty. We need to hear the things that we already know but are choosing to ignore. Please meet my friend Greg. He makes it simple—sometimes, he’s just not that into you.
XOXO,
Kathleen
I watch your show almost every day. It’s great! The other day, however, I was disturbed by the topic: “5 Ways to Win Him Back!” First—the entire crowd was female. There were no male perspectives! Second—if they broke up in the first place, it is probably not a healthy relationship. One girl was especially insecure because her ex-boyfriend looked at women walking down the street and compared her to them. You gave her a makeover. My friend Greg would tell her that if the boyfriend is checking out other women and commenting on her appearance, he’s just not that into her. If she is insecure, that is something that she needs to work on for herself—not her boyfriend.
Also, you praised this comment from the crowd: “A few years ago, I noticed that my boyfriend wasn’t appreciating me anymore. I decided that I wanted a little mini-makeover. I cut my hair and changed my clothes and then he started to appreciate me again.” Do you know what that tells women? That tells me that I need to change myself in order to be appreciated. I don’t believe that Tyra, do you?
You may think that you are helping women with this discussion topic, but you’re really not. Women need blunt honesty. We need to hear the things that we already know but are choosing to ignore. Please meet my friend Greg. He makes it simple—sometimes, he’s just not that into you.
XOXO,
Kathleen
1 comment:
or, maybe instead of he's just not into you, they should realize, "it's called a breakup because it's broken."
Post a Comment