For the last 6 months, we have been signing leases in 2 month increments. We were so excited to finally put in our 60 days' notice in October! Well, turns out that will only end up being a 30 days' notice since we are moving one week from today!
My friend Kim came over on Monday and helped me all day while our boys played and Ruthie tried to climb me. She rocks! We got all the pictures and books boxed up and we went through the kids' room and packed for short-term and long-term.
Yesterday, I packed away the coat closet and linen closet. I also cleaned the living room and vaccuumed so that we manage to keep some semblance of civility.
Today, my visiting teachers came over for a visit... and while they were here, they were like "well, why don't we just help you now?" So they were seriously awesome, too and we packed up the toys and some kitchen appliances, bakeware, etc.
So the big stuff left is our bedroom and the kitchen. Other than that, it's just odds and ends, which seem to always take more time than I anticipate.
So the big stuff left is our bedroom and the kitchen. Other than that, it's just odds and ends, which seem to always take more time than I anticipate.
In the middle of all of this, I managed to do over $6k worth of damage to my car in the McDonald's drive-thru. Yup, the drive-thru. The trash can was between the speaker where I ordered and the window to pay. It was at a weird angle and I couldn't reach, so I gave it some gas. Well, when I went to push the break, I jammed on the gas again. I took my car right into the big yellow pole. It doesn't look that bad in this picture, but I damaged the front panel, door, wheel, tire, running board, steel frame and something behind it. So they had to take out the entire dash and windshield to fix the frame. This "probably about one week" estimate has turned into three weeks. I am driving an Impala, which I hate. But, thank goodness for good insurance. The good people of AAA insurance have made this easy on us (for now, I hate to see what it's going to do to my premium)!
Other than that, we're just busy busy trying to get our stuff together. When did we accumulate so much stuff?? I am never moving again. (I wish)

No comments:
Post a Comment