Yesterday, George wanted a toy from Costco. I told him that he could ask Santa for it and he said, "Santa was at Michael's birthday? At his house? We saw Santa." That's right... at his friend Mikey's birthday party, we went over to their community club house and got pictures with Santa. That was TEN MONTHS ago! How does he remember that?? He regularly tells me stories from months ago with details like they happened yesterday. Hmm... but somehow he can't remember not to hit/push/kick his sister...
And don't even think about promising him something just to get him to stop asking. When George woke up from a 3 hour nap today, the first thing he asked for was chocolate and milk. Before he went to sleep, I told him he could have chocolate chips and milk after his nap.
Speaking of his nap today... he would not stay in his bed. After about 1/2 hour of fighting with him (he was obviously exhausted), I put him in the crib and said "if you can't stay in your big boy bed, you have to sleep in the crib." He stood up twice but never tried to climb out. Then something magical happened... he fell asleep! This may be the solution to him getting out of bed five million times in the middle of the night. (Last night at 3 am, I found him playing with the play kitchen...?!)
While Ruthie took a nap earlier in the day, I painted my toe nails and then decided to paint my fingers, too. Joke's on me because Ruthie started crying as soon as I was done. While I was hoping she would fall back asleep, I started doing some things around the apartment. I looked over to George painting his nails!! Like full-on, all of his fingers and toes were painted to match mine! I have pictures, but it's not letting me post them right now, so I will post them later.
It's karma really after a conversation I had last week where I said, "WHY could he even get to that?? And WHY was he left alone long enough to do that much damage??" Yes, I was judging, so I guess I had this coming to me. But seriously, if all this could happen while I was IN the room, imagine what could have happened if he was alone for a decent amount of time. I stand by my judgy-ness. Also, he mainly got it on his hands and feet. There is a small spot in his jeans (which we are just waiting for the replacement in the mail because they have multiple holes in the knee) and on the couch. I got as much of the paint off his nails as I could without ruining my freshly painted nails and the rest will just have to wait for Daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment