Last night we had a sleep-over at the hospital! They call it "rooming in." Ruthie was taken off of all of her monitors and we were given a hospital room to stay in. The nurse came in to check on us every few hours and I kept a log of eating/peeing/pooping. It's nice because I got a night with my baby with the nurses close by and it's nice for them because they can make sure that I'm taking care of my baby. Seriously--I had to sign a paper saying that I would feed her.
So we checked into our room and I fed Ruthie. We then called my mom and had her bring George up to the room! So, after 6 1/2 weeks, Ruthie finally met her big brother! He was so sweet! I couldn't have asked for it to be any better. Steve brought him in the room and I had Ruthie on my lap. He kept saying "Baby! Baby!" He was holding her hand and tickling her toes. He was very gentle!
Last night went well. It was nice to be able to wake up to feed a baby and not to be attached to a pump! The nurse practitioner checked her out for the last time and then we were good to go! We had the same nurse take us to the car today that took us out with George! She is so sweet and was so sad/excited to see Ruthie go home! We got her info so we can keep in touch!
So we have been home for a few hours now. Ruthie is sleeping and George is watching cartoons. It's nice to be able to spend a leisurely afternoon at home! I haven't had that in a while! I never thought this day would come! I know that the Lord has blessed and strengthened our family over the last 6 1/2 weeks because of the prayers and fasting of our family and friends! Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words! We look forward to introducing Ruthie to all of you in the coming weeks and months!! :)


3 comments:
So exciting! Can't wait to hear more about this angel of yours! G sounds so stinkin cute! :) You're very blessed, my dear. Kiss those precious little toes for me!
So happy you guys are healthy, happy and home! I hope to see you guys back in AZ again!
So glad you guys are home and get to be together!
Post a Comment