Thursday, March 15, 2012

"Research"


Yes, "research."  That's what my friends and I used to call it when we stalked boys that we liked on Facebook.  Seriously--how did we ever find things out about boys before Facebook?  Creepily IMing boys on MSN Messenger, perhaps?  But seriously--what did our mothers and grandmothers do?

Anyway.  Now I do "research" on behalf of others.  First, in a conversation with my 22-year-old sister, I found out about a totally funny "code name" that she gave to a boy that my 15-year-old sister likes (or liked, according to her... riiiiiiight..).  I laughed so hard at this "code name," but unfortunately I can't post it here because it's too transparent and I don't want to be lectured by my mom.

Anyway, I wrote about how funny that was on my little sister's wall and then the following conversation took place (names have been changed to protect the innocent and because I don't want that lecture from my mom):

SIS:  Idk.  Sometimes he's nice and like 2 seconds later he's a jerk.
ME:  Who is he dating?
SIS:  No one yet.
ME:  Ok, who is he "unofficially" dating until he turns 16?
SIS:  It's one of those things where I know that the day he turns 16 he's going to ask this girl out.
ME:  Jessica?
SIS:  WHAT THE HECK?!
ME:  I'm really good at facebook research.
SIS:  APPARENTLY!!!!!!!
ME:  She looks slutty.
ME:  Gotta run--loooooove you!

Please, college professors, don't ever question my research skills ever again.  K?  Thanks.



1 comment:

misty said...

This is mom...........you are just getting too creepy! Read a book will ya?