I love Pinterest! Maybe a little too much. Anyway, last night in a pinning frenzy, I found this picture:

Super-cute, right?? Well, I went to JoAnn's tonight because I've been wanting to make an upholstered headboard for our bed. That was a waste of time because I just couldn't find a fabric that I liked (and I forgot to take my pillow case). So I was just browsing and looked at the canvases. Little known fact: I like to paint every once in a while. Well, canvases are waaaaaaay too expensive at JoAnn's, so I went to Michael's (seriously--buy them at Michael's and if you hit it on a sale day, you'll save big bucks!) Well, canvases were super on sale and I got two 16"x20" canvases for $5.99! I didn't know what I wanted to do with them, but I just couldn't pass up that price! We've been needing something for our bedroom, and on the way home, I remembered the picture above. Well, we're a long way from being able to paint a wall like that without losing our security deposit... but I wondered how it would look on a canvas. Also, the song "When there's Love at Home" came into my mind.
I came home, bathed G, put him to bed and got out my paints (I happen to have paints that match our bedding because I've unsuccessfully tried to make artwork for that wall once before). This is what I came up with and I really like it. I can hardly wait to hang it on the wall along with some family pictures and a few other ideas that I have...
It's not perfect. Don't read it too closely or you will see that I skipped from verse 1 to verse 3... oh, and it ends with a cliffhanger. But really, once it's hanging on the wall, who will be able to tell?? The "LOVE" looks red, but it's really a reddish pink. Most importantly, it was fun... and it's something unique to hang on our bedroom wall. I can't wait to get everything up there! (Just in time to move, I'm sure...)
2 comments:
I love it!!! It looks great and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, you just gave me a great idea, thanks!
What a cute idea! I didn't know you had such an artsy side!
Post a Comment