I STOLE AN ICY DRINK
I've had a pretty boring life, I know. Steve said it's not actually stealing because I didn't mean to do it, but still... I took it without paying!!
I took my wedding dress to the seamstress that my mom wants me to use... who is about an hour away. My mom called as I was headed back. Right before I got on the interstate, I stopped at the gas station. I walked in, poured myself a nice icy drink, got back in my car and drove away. One hour away. I stopped at Target on my way home. As I was walking around, I thought to myself, "I'm really thirsty! But I have got to stop spending so much $$ on icy drinks when I have tons of DC at home" (Thanks to Giant Eagle... 3 for $9 this week) Then I thought about it and realized I didn't even pay for the one that I just finished!! I was walking around with a stolen drink!! I felt terrible, but there's no way I'm going to drive 2 hours out of my way to pay $1.39, so I quickly texted Google to get the phone number. (What did I ever do without Google?) I called the gas station and asked if they could take a credit card over the phone. The man was not happy with me and told me that he could not. He then said "are you here often?" and I said "I try not to be..." and he said, "will you be back soon?" and I said "possibly next week, but I don't know for sure." So then he said, "just pay for it next time you're here." and I said "Thank you! I'm so sorry!" and he hung up the phone.
Oops. I really hope they don't have my picture hanging in there.
1 comment:
I'm amazed that the joker on the other end of the phone was angry. I would think he'd be surprised that you were even calling to confess.
If you did it on purpose, he would never have heard from you.
Post a Comment