Wednesday, July 6, 2011

List Four

Six TV Shows Cancelled Before Their Time:
  1. The Event-NBC-2011-I have so many unanswered questions! In fact, I had a dream that was a lot like I was in The Event last week. I think we should petition for a second season!
  2. Justice-Fox-2006-About a high-profile criminal defense law firm. They moved it around to just about every night of the week before it disappeared! It was awesome!
  3. Point Pleasant-Fox-2005-They cancelled this mid-season. I guess I will never find out whether the priest is dead or alive... or if Christina ever learned to suppress her dark side.
  4. Everwood-WB-2002-2006-They cancelled this when the WB became the CW... but they brought back Seventh Heaven?? What the heck??
  5. Dirty Sexy Money-ABC-2007-2009-This really ended on a cliff-hanger for me. I heard a rumor that they showed the last episodes a few summers back, but I couldn't find them on TV or online (according to Wikipedia, it aired at 10pm on Saturdays! What the heck??)!
  6. Southland-NBC-2009-Steve and I really liked this show, but we didn't follow it to TNT. Now I'm too far behind to get back into it. I consider it cancelled.
Not on this list:
  • Arrested Development - I love this show. Might have made the list, except season 3 was dumb.
  • Alias - Seasons 1-4 were great... and I lost interest about 2 weeks into Season 5.
  • The OC - I was sad to see this go... but what did they expect when they killed Marissa Cooper? I didn't hate the last season, though. And I really liked the ending--hooray for another Cohen baby!
Also--is Dating in the Dark coming back this summer? I really hope it comes back this summer! Otherwise, consider it added to this list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED Everwood and Arrested Development. Best shows ever! So sad people unlike us, didn't appreciate these gems!

Monica Kay said...

AH! JUSTICE!!! Best show EVER. You used to come watch that with me in really large classrooms at the Y while I was working there. Best way to do it. :)